Thursday, April 2, 2009

It was nice today

I haven't been doing anything much lately.  I have no job and nothing to do really.  I have been skating a couple of times a day which has been fun.  I did go rock climbing the other day alone.  Sarah doesn't really get down on the rock gym here.  Well about an hour into climbing I ripped a piece of skin off my finger so climbing is out for a wee bit.  I really don't know why I am writing a new blog with nothing to say.  I guess I just wanted to let people know that I'm alive.  I am alive.  Just thought I would let you know.  
Dave North came over to Christchurch the other day and Dave, Cambell, and I laid out the bowl for the council to put the drain in.  Cambell is a local to Christchurch who has park building experience and is going to be on the crew for the New Brighton park.  We laid out the bowl for the city to do some of the earth work as well.  We wont start our work until the 20th of April.  Until then I am going over to Nelson Creek to help out Dave with some boards.  I'm pretty keen to be skating some vert too.  The one place I've been skating only has a five foot pocket.  It is pretty steep though which is rather fun.  5' with 5' trannies.  I get a lot of weird look skating it which is pretty funny.  No one else skates it.  Everyone is preoccupied with doing flip trips and pushing mongo!! (the mongo epidemic is alive and well in New Zealand) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, Scott, this is Trey, you hardly know me but I've aqcuired your blog spot from the Great Anthony of Longleaf. Your travels seem grand and amazing. Im glad to see your doing so well and that New Zealand is such a rightous place. I look foward to hearing more about the tripulations of a nobody as story unfolds.

Be well...Trey Weaver