Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Working....

Well today We are finally going to start building the skatepark in New Brighton.  To save on costs, the council has agreed to do all the earthwork for us.  I have some pictures of the earth work they have done so far, but our internet is to slow to upload them.  At some point I will go to an internet cafe and upload heaps of pictures that I have been wanting to show people. 
I am really looking forward to starting the park.  I really hate not working.  Its one thing to be on vacation and not being doing anything; however, since we have stopped riding our bikes I have felt very stagnant.  I have been sitting in our flat until I get restless and then I go skate.  This has been my daily routine since I got back form Dave's.  I have purchased some work clothes which is nice.  I have been wearing the same shirt and pair of pants for two months.  I found a really rad Indy shirt in a thrift store that says "ALL OTHER TRUCKS SUCK"  It has quickly become my favorite shirt.  I guess it doesn't have much competition as my favorite but still.  I have three shirts and they are all pretty dear to me.  I thought about going on and on about my three shirts and what each one means to em but have ultimately decided against it.  I really don't want to bore you with my feelings about some pieces of cloth.  Granted they do make me excited every once in a while and I am glad that while I only have three shirts, they are all special to me.  So instead of going on and on about how much they make me smile, I have ended up going on and on about how I am not going to tell you how much they mean to me.  I really am sorry about that.  
You know I am in a foreign country.  I am sure you knew that but I thought I might tell you again.  Being somewhere completely different has made me do things differently.  One thing that I have been doing that has been quite strange for me is that I have been listening to heaps of old school hip hop.  Everything from the roots, de la soul, Jurassic 5, Run DMC, and shit like that.  Its been rad.  I like it.  But if you would do me a favor and not tell anyone.  It might ruin my reputation.  Its quite funny.  I came to New Zealand to ride my bike and I end up building more skateparks and listening to Hip-Hop.  You never know how things are going to turn out.  

On a side note, I am having trouble embedding pictures from Flickr into my blog.  They embed with out a problem, but the sizes are all wrong and lots of the photo gets cut off.  It really screws up the composition of the photos and to me, they end up looking like crap.  If anyone has any sort of advice on how I might be able to fix this, I would be happy to find out.  Thanks in advance..As for now you can click on any of the pictures and be redirected to the original Flickr page where they look much better..............
keep it real

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo whats up its Adam, Speaking of shirts in other countries, I got into a conversation with a rad old dude the other day who was wearing a Thrasher shirt, the big logo on fire. He had no clue what it was but he looked like he could be an old pool barny. I was excited to see that. Anyway, random. Hope all is well. LAter