Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just for the record....

So the last post was a little out there for many of my readers.  I would like to assure everyone that I am still indeed drug free.  I am sorry my babbling rant on candy might have led you to believe otherwise.  Its just that I've been eating a lot of candy while here and I get mad at every banana piece I encounter.  Its really a money thing.  I view every banana piece as wasted money hence my anger and rant.  Sorry for any confusion.
On to the good stuff...... A lot of rad things have happened in the last couple of days.  Sarah is officially employed in New Zealand.  She found a job as a bartender and an english pub called "The Bard on Avon."  Its like a five minute bike ride from our flat so its super close.  She also has been employed as a daytime bartender so late night bike rides are not an issue.  I'm sure some of you are saying  "a bartender can make money during the day!"  allow me to let you in on a secret;  It is not customary to tip in New Zealand.  Bartenders are paid an hourly wage so time of day is not an issue.  The minimum wage in NZ is currently $12.50.  Granted I am sure she make more than that.  I actually don't know how much she is making.  She'd be the one to talk to about that.  If you really want to know, tell me and I'll find out for you.  I know people who can give me answers to question like that.  
On another super rad note, I bought a car today........for $600 bucks NZ.  With the current exchange rate its like $340 US.  And the best part is that its not a total piece of shit.  It belonged to a french guy that was flying out of the country in a couple of days.  I waved some cash in his face and told him that I'd buy it right now.  On top of everything its not stolen! I got papers with it.  89 Mitsubishi Lancer.  Its got some dents and scratches and stuff but nothing major.  Its only got 235,000 kms as well.  around 140,000 miles.  Not too bad for $350 bucks.  
I'll test out its mountain capabilities next week.  I have to drive it over Authurs pass to help Dave finish a board order.  
Not much else to say,  I've been skating everyday soaking up the nice weather.  It is supposed to rain tommorow so I might go to the climbing gym.  Hopefully I can talk Sarah into going and we can belay each other.  Their bouldering room is insanely difficult.   
take care ya'll
......
I haven't been able to upload any new photos lately so I am going to treat you with some pre-trip photos... hope you enjoy..
DSC_0557
DSC_0310
Robots are going to take over the world

No comments: