Monday, March 16, 2009

Its been awhile

So its been while a long while since I last updated this here thing.
I left off with us still being in Greymouth. Rest assured we are still in New Zealand. From Greymouth, we took the Tranz Alpine train over Aurthurs pass. You can call us what you will but I personally didn't feel like riding a mountain pass after having sat on our ass for three weeks straight. I took heaps of photos but haven't uploaded them so you will have to wait.
The train arrived in Christchurch to a wind blown cold hail day. Super rad weather to ride your bike in. We didn't have far to go and made it to the city center. The next couple of days were spent lounging around the city center. Actually, I had to get my medical exam for my visa done. Three visits and some needle poking was done. We also went rock climbing twice. Well I went twice, Sarah went once. Christchurch is a pretty rad city. Theres stuff going on everywhere. People playing music, magicians trying to make money etc. We left Christchurch two days ago and had our furthest day yet. We absolutely killed it. something like 275 kilometers. The crazy thing is that we did it in like four hours, maybe five. We are true athletes.

That photos is way out of context! but none the less its rad. I stacked those rocks like that and then I took that amazing photo!!

So I guess I might tell you that we are cheating big time!!!!! We rented a car and are driving around. So far we been to Dunedin, invencargill Milford, and are in Queenstown right now. The coolest thing yet has been taking a tour of the Cadbury chocolate factory. They had a chocolate waterfall. pretty awesome. They wouldn't let me take photos though! I can give you an image of words though...... there was lots of metal and fast moving belts and machinery and brown stuff in everything!
The reason we are cheating is because we want to see as much as possible before I start working. Its going to get cold on the south Island relatively soon so we thought we'd get the big stuff out of the way.
Cheers

No comments: