Friday, February 27, 2009

I miss the sessions


More than anything I miss the sessions.

I miss going to the crater on Wednesdays and coming late.

I miss seeing the dedicated crew who longs all week for wednesday.

I miss the greetings I get when I climb the stairs.

I miss seeing Clint finishing off a smoke and taking a swig of water out of an old milk jug.

I miss watching Marley run around the bowl as Ron skates it smoother than anyone in history.

I miss the occasional presence of Mike Scibetta telling me about obscure punk as he gets pumped up.  

I miss watching Andy destroy the oververt as only the owner can do.

I miss Fatneck's double double on the tall pockets.

I miss Capron's frontsides through the corner in a sweaty V-neck.

I miss Don telling me he doesn't skate anymore.

I miss sticking Pink Crack stickers at 5.9 ramp and blaming them on Ross.

I miss the friendly rivalry between the two ramps.

I miss the Friday night sessions at the pink crack ramp.

I miss Ross getting so mad he punches himself in the face only to land a sweeper the next run.  

I miss Staci's frontside carves through the door.

I miss Boot's ridiculous frontside airs from the new ramp to the old.

I miss getting wiffs of Adams stench as he does a front side grab grind in my face.

I miss watching Talba doing the most creative non-stop skating I have ever witnessed.

I miss EJ yelling at me with support every time I get stacked. FACE!

I miss RIch putting everyones style to shame with his moves from another time.

I miss Jeremy's endless smiles as he does some of he best carve grinds around.

I never thought I would, But I miss Ducky showing up in full pads and smoking a cigar.

I miss Tamra showing up with her hellion Sage and seeing the trouble he tries to get into.

I miss watching Jimmy get stacked his first time to the ramp. 

I miss Womble showing up and giving me a pair of old shoes.

I miss Hanuesacks Laid back approach to the ramp.

I miss Medford's gnarly leaps of the railing.

I miss cleaning up the carnage of beer bottles and cigarette butts the next day.

I miss going to the city park and seeing Stubby guide the park rats in the right direction.

I miss meeting Steve Hart there on bikes and having a blast just goofing around.

I miss taunting the kids who push mongo.

I miss watching the kids get better everytime I go.

I miss getting vibed at Eastern.

I miss the family that has grown through blood and sweat.  No tears.

I miss my friends

I miss my skateboard.

Most of all I miss the sessions.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you miss me?? I miss Sarah and you mucho but we'll all be right where you left us when you get back. Have fun and rock on!
Kisses to you both,
Mom

Anonymous said...

If you thought I stank then you should get a wiff now. I couldn´t have expressed it better. I MISS SKATEBOARDING WITH MY FRIENDS. I can´t even tell anyone here this because no one would understand what I´ve given up to be here. But its great and it will make it so much better when i return. but now more than ever two years feels so long. I hope you guys are having a blast everything here is cool just getting through this training is wearing. It will be worth it when I get to my site and start working. I´m waiting on the software for my camera that my mom is sending and then I´ll be able to send pics. LAte.
Adam

XsteveVhartX said...

that brought a little tear to my eye. miss you guys. hope youre having a blast.