Friday, May 8, 2009

Feels like home....

Well I just got home from a squatter show.  Yesterday I met some crusty punks kids at the skatepark and one of them was playing in a band tonight.  It was quite a rad experience.  Full blown crusty punk kids everywhere getting wasted and playing fast loud thrashy punk and metal.  There were five bands in total and all but one of them were pretty good.  Somehow a nu-metal band played but they didn't last too long.  All the punks were throwing bottles and cans at them telling them to get a haircut.  It was damn funny.  
It really felt good to be around a bunch of crusty kids and see patch jackets everywhere.  There was actually another dude wearing a Death shirt.  I felt like I was home again.  
The past couple of days have been pretty slow as far as work goes.  We poured concrete on monday and tuesday and then had the earthwork guys come back to get more stuff in order for more pours.  It pissed down (kiwi for rain) on Wednesday so I took a drive out to methven.  Methven is a ski town about an hour and a half from Christchurch.  I met a guy named Trev a couple of weeks ago that own an indoor skatepark in Methven.  The park wasn't anything special but I still had a good time.  Trevor is a really rad guy.  He is on his 28th consecutive winter.  For the past 14 years he been chasing winters all around the world.  From Vancouver to Japan and heaps of other places.  Needles to say he had some rad stories to tell.  In the park he did have a really fun mini-ramp on which I spent most of my time.  If nothing else it was nice to get out of Christchurch for a bit.  When I was leaving there was an absolutely amazing sunset on the mountains.  Really orange sky that silhouetted the snow covered peaks.  I was so pissed that I didn't have my camera.  Oh well I guess there will be other sunsets to capture.  Its been raining for a couple of days now and I haven't been doing much.  Just waiting for the rain to stop so I can go for a skate.  There's not too much to do here on a rainy day.  Just biding my time till monday, so we can pour some more concrete.  I hope everyone is doing well.
I'll leave you with some pictures of the park, and some of where I was staying with dave.    





No comments: