Friday, May 15, 2009

ROBBED!

Well I awoke yesterday to Sarah informing me that my car had been broken into.  What a way to wake up!  I really hate thieves.  Just lazy people who would rather inflict ruin on other people than actually go out and work for their money.  The bastards smashed my window and let themselves in.  Upon first inspection I didn't think that they got off with too much.  I was rather worried that they had taken my skateboard, but for some reason they left it.  I also had a brand new skateboard that had never been ridden which they left as well.  They also left my sleeping bag and my therm-a-rest sleep mat.  They pretty much took everything else.  They took everything from my muddy work boots to my chapstick.  Really who the hell steals chapstick.  They even took a permanent marker that was in my door.  The only thing of mine that was worth some money and really made me mad is that they made off with my camera bag.  My camera is safe, but the bag had all my memory cards, filters, remote, batteries, battery charger, etc.  A bunch of little things that really start to add up in price when you have to buy them again.  Luckily I have backed up all my photos on Sarah's computer.  They also took a brand new pair of skate wheels that my boss had given me for my birthday.  I didn't even get a chance to ride them yet.  Among the other things stolen were my leather-man, my pocket knife, a cycling cap, my sunglasses, my MSR camp stove(they left the pot?!) and my charhart winter work jacket.  I went to work yesterday only to find out that Dave had left his wallet in my car the night before.  His car is in the shop so I had given him a ride to and from work.  Along with all his credit cards and Id's, his wallet held all the receipts from the different suppliers for the park.  There was no cash in the wallet, but none the less the loss of the receipts is a huge nightmare on a city funded job like this.  
It is really quite odd what they took, and even more what they didn't take.  such as taking the stove but not the pot!  or better yet, why take my muddy work boots and my dirty work coat and leave my skateboards.  Maybe he has the same size foot as me.  The good thing is that besides Dave's wallet, everything of mine that was taken is replaceable easily enough.   I just have to get the money together to get the things I need.  The only things that I really cant do without are my boots, memory cards and battery charger for my camera.  Everything else I can easily live without.  
Well I hope all is well with everyone else.  If you see someone breaking into a car, throw something heavy at them and then proceed to tell them that they are a loser and need to get a job.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I woke you up like that, babe!!!! I feel bad :(

Michelle said...

What a bunch of jerks! I hope you two are having fun there despite the chaos I've been reading about!!