Saturday, May 30, 2009

Two Halves.

I have decided to break this post into two portions.  One dealing strictly with skateboarding and one for everything else that is going on in my life.  
I think I will start with everything else because I have a feeling that if I were to begin with the skateboarding, that I would not have the dedication to go through with telling you all the other interesting things that go on in my day to day life.  The last statement was a bit of a joke, one that only I might think is funny; I am under the belief that my life is not all that interesting.  On the the grand scheme of things one might consider my life interesting, but on a day to day level its pretty normal.  About the only non-skateboarding aspect of my life as of lately has been photography.  I recently bought a new flash which I am absolutely pumped on.  For those of you who are camera literate, it is a dedicated ttl flash.  the nikon sb-600 to be exact.  Nothing too powerful but it still is quite a strong flash.  I am really keen on the ttl because I am not that flash savvy and don't always have the motivation to set up the settings manually.  ttl is an automatic function that works between your camera and your flash.  Both the flash and the camera must posses the capabilities for it to work.  In a nut shell, it adjusts everything in both the flash and the camera to ensure a perfect exposure every time the shutter fires.  Some photos for ya;

Noble Kea
After Some Pollen
My happy father

Now for all the skateboarding things that have been happening in my life.  I have chosen to include work in the skateboarding portion of this.  Some might be able to debate this decision, but I honestly don't really care that much.  This is my blog and I have made my decision.  You, as the reader, are going to have to deal with it and just move past it.  
Work has been rather interesting lately.  We have made some really good progress on the bowl.  A couple more pours and well will have all the walls done and then only the flat will be left.  On a sour note, with have been having serious problem with vandalism.  A group of kids have been entering the work site at night and messing with our stuff.  It started out as just pulling down some of the forms and having a small fire and has escalated to graffiti.  And we are not talking the artistic beautiful street art, its really bad tagging.  Some crummy name scrawled on the concrete.  The tagging was bad enough, but things have continued to get worse; the day that we came in to find the tagging, we wired all the fence sections together to try and deter them from coming into the site.  It backfired.  The next morning we came to work to discover that every single pin had been removed from the fencing and the entire fence was down.  Not only that, but the little bastards had taken some of the metal poles from the fence and took huge chunks out of semi-wet piece of concrete that we had poured the day before.  They also took rebar and scratched their ugly tag in the new piece.  We are still waiting for word from the council to decide whether they want us to patch over it or if they want us to jackhammer the whole piece out and re-pour it.  The good thing is that they are going to pay for the damage.  Still feel rather gutted to come into work and see something you've put your heart and soul into destroyed by some little maggot that has no clue.  I have yet to take pictures of the destruction yet but I will make sure to post them when I do.  
Rounded hip
This was the piece that they vandalized
first pour of the vert wall
This is the first vert piece that we have poured. 10' high with 1' of vert
Troy: frontside ollie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

First of all, beautiful photos!! Secondly, I'll bet those punk kids will be the first ones begging to skate when you're done! Break their legs!!